Prof. Dr. Melanie Trede
Professor, Histories of Japanese Art
Tel.: +49 (0) 6221 - 54 39 69
Fax: +49 (0) 6221 - 54 33 87
Room: 301 (office adress: Hauptstraße 113, Fourth Floor)
Lecture period: Thursday 10:00 am to 11:00 am (and by arrangement)
Non-lecture period: by arrangement
To make an appointment during the office hours please call 54 39 69 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- history of Japanese art: pictorial narratives, gender issues in the visual field, political iconographies, art historiography and terminologies, collecting histories, exhibition strategies
Member of Professional Organisations, Advisory Boards
- Member, Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften, since November, 2012
- Member, International Advisory Board, „Presentation of non-European Collections in the Humboldt-Forum,” Berlin National Museums, since 2010
- Art Association, Heidelberg (Heidelberger Kunstverein), Deputy Director, Advisory Board since July, 2009
- Association of Asian Studies, Inc.
- European Association of Japanese Studies
- Gesellschaft für Ostasiatische Kunstgeschichte, Berlin
- Impressions, advisory and editorial board since 2002
- Japanese Art History Forum, USA
- Japan Art History Society (Bijutsushi gakkai)
- Japanese Art Association (formerly: Ukiyoe Society of America, Inc.), board member, 2000-2003.
Administration, Service to the Field
- Since 2010 Member, International Advisory Board, "Presentation of non-European Collections in the Humboldt-Forum", Berlin National Museums
- Since 2010: Speaker, Institute of East Asian Art History, Heidelberg University
- Since 2010: Co-Editor of "Heidelberg Studies of Transculturality", Universitätsverlag Winter, Heidelberg
- Since 2007: Evaluations for applications at the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Since 2006: Screening committee member for the Olympia Morata Program, scholarship for women scholars working on their second PhD (Habilitation), Heidelberg University,
- Since Summer 2005: Dean of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Philosophy, Heidelberg University (re-elected 2008)
- Since 2005: Representative of Europe for the mailing list and association Japanese Art History Forum (jahf).
- Since 2004: Deputy Director, Institute of East Asian Art History, Heidelberg University
- Since 2002: Editorial board of the refereed journal Impressions